About Across Borders
APPLICATIONS CLOSED FOR 2012:
“Across Borders: Managing Trans-Boundary Environmental Resources in the Middle East and the United States” is an international exchange program for Emerging Young Professionals (EYPs), sponsored by the US Department of State’s office of Citizen Exchanges, and delivered by Dickinson College and the cooperation of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
This highly selective, 4-week, fully funded, study-abroad program for citizens from Egypt, Jordan, Israel and the Palestinian Territories (dual US citizens are ineligible) is designed to foster a substantive understanding of how environmental, economic, social and political factors converge to influence policy and practice in the management of trans-boundary environmental resources, with a particular focus on the Middle East and United States. Tentative dates for the summer 2012 U.S. cohort are July 1- July 28, 2012.
- Saudi investor to delay Sudan farm project over dollar curbs - Yahoo! News
- Technique Keeps Dust Off Solar Cells | LiveScience
- Daoud Kuttab: Nuclear Energy Debate Absent in Jordan
- Red Sea Port Authority discusses possible solutions for Al-Adabeya port ‘carcinogenic containers’ - Daily News Egypt
- Saudi Gazette - Water security in the Mideast
- The Scary Hidden Stressor - NYTimes.com