Mayfly Festival

Event information: 2nd Annual Susquehanna Mayfly Festival, June 30, Wrightsville, PA

On June 30, I traveled with one of my fellow Watershed Coordinators to Wrightsville, PA to attend and represent ALLARM at the 2nd Annual Susquehanna Mayfly Festival hosted by the Lower Susquehanna Riverkeeper Association. The festival is in celebration of the river’s annual Mayfly hatch. This was a great event that represented a variety of different organizations and vendors all lining a portion of the Susquehanna River. This was also a great opportunity to talk about ALLARM to people passing by our table. We had some people who were interested in joining or learning more about ALLARM’s new Stream Team program. I felt pride in our organization each time I was asked what we did. It was so much fun making connections with the vendors on either side of us and spending the day meeting people alongside them. In fact, when we arrived at the event with no tent to protect us from the sun, two women on either side of us jumped in to make us some shade. I had a great time at this event meeting new people and enjoying looking over the Susquehanna.

ALLARM’s table at the festival