Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4)

I am part of the Stormwater team at ALLARM. One of my tasks is to educate the public about what Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4) are and how to manage stormwater through different plans (Stormwater Management Plans). Every plan focuses on six Minimum Control…

The LeTort Monitoring Experience

Event information: LeTort monitoring, December 10, Carlisle, PA LeTort Monitoring is carried out monthly by staff at the Alliance for Aquatic Resource Monitoring (ALLARM), and includes taking dissolved oxygen, pH, conductivity, dissolved solids, nitrates, orthophosphates, and turbidity measurements at various sites along the LeTort. In…

Stream Team Workshop

Event Information: Stream Team Workshop, December 4, Wrightsville, Pennsylvania On December 4, I had my first Stream Team workshop in York County, PA. At first I was nervous because this was my second workshop, but as Julie Vastine, Director of ALLARM, was presenting the objectives…

Reflections on the Conodoguinet Snapshot

Event information: Conodoguinet Creek Snapshot, December 1, ALLARM offices in Kaufman Hall, Carlisle, PA As the hectic autumn semester nears its end, I've been doing a lot of reflection on my work with the local community at ALLARM thus far. It's hard to believe that as a senior entering…

Johnston Run Quality Control Sample Pick Up

Event Information: Johnston Run Quality Control Sample Pick Up, November 11, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania On Sunday, November 11, I went with ALLARM’s Assistant Director, Jinnie Monismith, to pick up some quality control water samples from the Johnston Run monitoring group. The Johnston Run volunteers were trained…

Chesapeake Bay Watershed Forum

Event Information: Chesapeake Bay Watershed Forum, November 3, Shepherdstown, WV At the beginning of this month I went to the Chesapeake Watershed Forum with my ALLARM colleagues. Our goal was to lead a workshop and for us to attend sessions throughout the day. It was…

Chesapeake Bay Watershed Forum

Event Information: Chesapeake Bay Watershed Forum, November 3, Shepherdstown, WV Earlier this month, much of the ALLARMie team drove down to Shepherdstown, West Virginia to both attend and run a workshop at the Chesapeake Bay Watershed Forum, a gathering of individuals and groups interested in…

Chesapeake Bay Watershed Forum

Event Information: Chesapeake Bay Watershed Forum, November 3, Shepherdstown, WV On Saturday, the ALLARM team took a road trip to Shepherdstown, West Virginia to participate in the annual Chesapeake Watershed Forum, organized by the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay. The conference took place over three…

York College Stream Team Workshop

Event Information: York College Stream Team Workshop, October 25, York, PA Meet the first group of volunteers we trained to monitor the health of streams in the Chesapeake Bay watershed as part of our Stream Team program! This first Stream Team workshop resulted from a…

Fall Conodoguinet Creek Snapshot

Event information: Conodoguinet Creek Snapshot, September 29, ALLARM offices in Kaufman Hall, Carlisle, PA On Saturday morning, around 20 volunteers spread out along the Conodoguinet Creek and its tributaries to collect water samples and bring them to ALLARM’s home base in Kaufman Hall. Four times…

1 2 3