The Historic President’s House, if repurposed as an Alumni House @ Dickinson, might provide an ideal location for a variety of alumni-oriented activities and events. Below is a partial list of possibilities:
- Career Center networking events
- Rose-Walters Prize (and other award) receptions
- Trustee and Alumni Council meetings and mixers
- Post-Commencement reception
- Pints with Profs and other Senior Class events
- Alumni Weekend events and receptions
- Dickinson School of Law alumni events and receptions
- Revenue-generating event space (indoor and grounds)
Alumni Scholar-in-Residence program. See a list of peer and aspirant schools with scholar-in-residence programs for distinguished alumni here.
- Alumni office operations
- Drop-in area for alumni
- Meeting rooms that can be scheduled
- Library. Benjamin Rush built a small library for his bride Julia and stocked it with a wide range of tombs, rather than limiting the selections to “books as are commonly read by your sex.” We can imagine the library being named for Julia and stocked with books authored or recommended, signed, and donated by Dickinson faculty and alumni.
- Legacy room, where Dickinson memorabilia is displayed (see examples at right).
Alumni interviews: Approximately 25 Dickinson Alumni will be interviewed to get a general sense for interest in, support of, and vision for the potential shape of this initiative. Ideas for programming and other initiatives will also be solicited.
Bill Durden ’72, President of Dickinson College (1999-2013)
Becca Raley ‘94, Executive Director, partnership for Better Health
Hon. Al Masland ’78, Cumberland County Court of Common Pleas, Alumni Council Chair (2019-present)
Karen Faryniak ’86, Chief of Staff and Secretary of the College
Laura Williams ’86, Assistant Dean for Career Services and Assistant Dean for Policy and Planning, Penn State Dickinson Law
Cathy Davenport ’87, VP for Enrollment Management and Dean of Admissions
David McIlnay ’87, founder and principle architect with DMArC-
Ken Shultes ’87, AVP for Sustainability & Facilities Planning.
Dave Webster ’88, Associate AD/Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach
Angela Fernandez Barone ’90, Director of Admissions Communications
Samantha Brandauer ’95, Executive Director of the Center for Global Study and Engagement and Associate Provost
Laura Legg ’95, visiting associate in Enrollment Management and Admissions
Elizabeth Woods Meikrantz ’95, Director of Class Giving
Heather Champion ’97, Director of Employer Relations
Laura Kilko ’01, Associate Director and Pre-Law Advisor
Tara Fischer ’02, Associate Dean of Academic Advising & College Dean and
Coordinator of the Community College Partnership Initiative
Amity Fox ’04, Dean and Director of Internships, Externships, and Fellowships & College Dean
Greg Moyer ’06, Assistant VP for Enrollment and Director of Admissions Recruitment
Amy Hall ’12, Associate Director of Southeastern Recruitment and Coordinator of Admissions Volunteer Network
Liz Glynn Toth ’06, Director of Alumni Relations
Caroline Smiegal ’18, Admissions Counselor