Week 8: The End

My last post on this blog! I still can’t really wrap my head around the fact that these 8 weeks are already over and that I won’t be making that drive back up to Livingston again next Monday (even though my grant is all used up and I wouldn’t have the gas money to get there!).
My last week was compressed into just one day, and it was quite a day. Our graphic designer, Pluty, spent the majority of the day working on designs for various posters and pamphlets for our biggest customer. Though I wasn’t officially observing his time with the client, I could hear everything from my desk and learned a bit about what it takes to deal with customers who insist on having things their way, even when they don’t necessarily know what they’re talking about. Pluty managed to keep his cool through the entire meeting, which I’m sure was not the easiest task.
As a bit of a farewell to the Facebook page I created for MMP, I spent a while filtering through the Intuit Small Business Blog for articles that Paul can post in the future. It really is a great resource for anyone in the business world, with articles covering Human Resources, Marketing, Finances, current Trends and Local happenings. I gave Paul a walk through on how to edit the page, add photos, and post statuses so that the page can continue to grow even while I’m not there to keep up with it. I’m sure I won’t be able to resist checking in on it every once in a while, and it’ll be interesting to see how it develops!  The experience I’ve gained this summer at MMP has been invaluable, and I’m sure it will be useful to me in the future as I strive to become a working professional.

Published by

amyr

Dickinson College 2014 International Business & Management, French Double Major Over the course of this internship, I'll be learning a little bit about everything it takes to run a small business. I hope that this experience will help me to narrow down my goals for the future.