21st Century Preventative Crime Detection

June 19th, 2017

If you watch a mere 5 minutes of any news station coverage, it is more likely than not to hear about various crimes that have occurred since the last news report. Exactly what happened, whether it be a shooting, murder, theft or drug related violence, might change from day to day, but one thing that does not change is the harsh reality that these events are constantly happening in the world around us. From the suicide bombing at Ariana Grande’s concert in May to local neighborhood shootings that are only a few blocks from the backyard where your children spend their warm, summer days in the sun, it is becoming more clear that no one is truly safe. Wouldn’t it be nice to know that there is a way to not only stop these tragic events from occurring, but potentially prevent them altogether?

As a Certified Threat Specialist and intern at Tactical Institute, I am a member of a team that is committed to doing exactly that!

After completing some research on Tactical Institute and what they do on a daily basis, my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to get a closer look at how preventing a crime was even possible! It wasn’t until I started training however, that the true impact of this work began to sink in.

To conclude, my first week of training was an eye-opening experience to say the least. I was able to complete training modules that were once real-life scenarios and gain some incredibly useful skills from TI veterans that will help me as I begin to monitor the web on my own. Interested in learning more about my experiences? Stick around for my next blog post!

-Andrea

One Response to “21st Century Preventative Crime Detection”

1.   sodapoppin on July 18, 2017 12:42 pm

good to hear,sodapoppin

Trackback URI | Comments RSS