Training Time

July 14th, 2017

What a busy week! I had the opportunity to attend 2 meetings. They put me in charge of taking notes and distributing them to everyone after the meeting ended. As opposed to taking notes in class, I quickly learned that I would not be able to keep up with the conversation unless I developed a sort of short-hand. I have never had to do that before, but in this field, time is of the essence and ideas/updates are bouncing off the walls. That being said, it was a new experience for me that forced me to acquire a new skill. It also gave me the chance to see professionals in the field working as a team towards a common goal. Addtionally, the other inten and myself have spent a majority of our time completing more training modules. When training new threat specialists, past scenarios that Ti have dealt with are used. This has been beneficial in many ways, but mostly serves as a grim reminder of the very real and very serious threats that are present in the world around us. I have a new perspective on life that will stick with me as I get older. One that errs on the side of caution and emphasizes the imporatnce of safety. Below is a video from 2016 of Tactical Institute on the news for preventing their 11th school shooting. This is an example of one of the training modules I completed this week, as well as meeting with Mr. Dowling for the informational interview.

http://www.krgv.com/story/30971267/online-detection-service-alerts-district-about-terroristic-threats

Trackback URI | Comments RSS