After Hours

July 27th, 2017

While my week was relatively quiet across the board, I used the extra down time to get to know people better and network as much as possible. I also used this laid back week to do more reflecting on my informational interview and put the finishing touches on the newsletter that I have been compiling.

Just when I thought my week was going to continue winding down, I was alerted of an “all hands on deck” situation during dinner last evening. This required me to put in quite a few extra hours over the course of the night. I was eager to put my skills to the test and jumped into action as soon as I could get my hands on a laptop. It was a little overwhelming in the beginning, as this was the first time that I was a true member of the team and not observing or training. It was rewarding to see all those hours of training pay off in a real-time code red/emergency setting. The account has been deactivated and is now deleted from Twitter as of an hour ago. The suspicious account happened to be a “catfish” account too. This made our jobs more difficult but allowed me to see the personality change between his real account and his fake one. It is mind-blowing how different that people act when they feel comfortable hiding behind a fake picture and name.

Below is a screenshot of what happens when you search his account now. It also highlights why I chose to pick the blue bird theme for my blog. My intern world revolves around the little blue bird that symbolizes Twitter!

Trackback URI | Comments RSS