1, 2, 3

August 8th, 2017

As my internship is quickly coming to an end, I am excited to share that I have had not 1, not 2, but 3 “gets” over the course of the past few days. This screenshot shows the tweets after the suspect was contacted by his local police department. I felt like this was a good picture to show because it is very true, but also a bit humorous. This was the first time that I actually got to see the suspect tweet after the incident instead of simply deleting the entire account. That being said, his account was deleted not long after those tweets.

The other 2 account owners have been arrested and are in custody at this very moment. With school starting up again in most of the country, the “shoot up school” tweets have been increasing every day. I hope that these 3 cases can serve as a reminder that what you post is not private, and that threats are still considered as threats whether they were typed in a joking matter or not.

I will be traveling with my boss to Alexandria at the end of the week to meet with the NSA, which means more memo writing practice for me. After that, I will be preparing to travel abroad. This summer has gone by so fast!

Trackback URI | Comments RSS