Hello world!

Hi all! I’m Anna and I’ll be blogging about my experience as a development fellow at Sexual Health Innovations in NYC this summer. I’ll start with a little intro about myself and the org…

I’m an anthropology major with a minor in women’s and gender studies and a certificate in health studies. At Dickinson, I’m involved in Delta Nu sorority, Yes! Please, and I’m a career coach at our college Career Center. My academic and career focus is women’s health, with interests in comprehensive sex education, reproductive justice, sexual assault prevention, and social epidemiologies.

Now, Sexual Health Innovations is my dream internship. They’re a startup tech company with a few initiatives running right now, but their main project is called Callisto. It’s an online, trauma sensitive, third party reporting system for sexual assault on college campuses. The objective is to make the reporting system easier and–most importantly–empowering for survivors. Here’s a link to a great MSNBC video about it that features the two amazing supervisors I’ll have for the summer.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/tackling-campus-sexual-assault-with-software-454612547928

One thought on “Hello world!”