Mon 1 Aug 2005
So Landura just got out of a huge lawsuit where the tenants sued due to excess mold and mildew in the units. When I inspected, I found that there was only mildew in the units that weren’t cared for. Go figure. Anyway, this lawsuit has been a big setback for Landura for a few years running, and it was finally settled last week. We only pay something like $8,000 and we have to take care of the maintenance issues that we would take care of if regular tenant maintenance requests were submitted. Really not a bad deal for us. The owner was relieved like you wouldn’t believe, and I got to tell him. This was nice because I’d just gotten into a pseudo-accident when a piece of a tire flew into the front of my car, denting the hood, etc. The good news outweighed the bad. Veeery nice for me. Also, I finally met Bob Engle- my dad’s lawyer and the one that covered the lawsuit. That was fun, since I’ve heard his name all my life but had never actually met him. Go figure. Anyway, just thought I’d throw that update in because it’s HUGE for the company.