TCJSIn what must no doubt be the remaining 3 seconds of my 15 minutes, I was interviewed by the venerable comics reporter and reviewer Chris Mautner about the series I’m editing for the University Press of Mississippi: Critical Approaches to Comics Artists. Our inaugural volume, The Comics of Joe Sacco: Journalism in a Visual World (the cover image is very much a work in progress) will hit bookshelves in the summer of 2015. I couldn’t be happier with the results: a multidisciplinary, intellectually rigorous, and eminently readable collection of essays edited by Daniel Worden. It will be followed by two volumes that are both in the process of completion:  The Comics of Hergé and The Comics of Charles Schulz, edited by Joe Sutliff Sanders and Jared Garner respectively. We’re planning ten volumes in five years in what I hope will be an invaluable and lively addition to any comics studies bookshelf. To get a taste for what these volumes will look like, here’s the table of contents and contributors’ bios from The Comics of Joe Sacco. If you’re sitting on an idea for the next great addition to this series, drop me a line at criticalcomics_at_gmail.com. And get on the horn with your institutional or local public library and ask them to keep an eye out for the series. Now, to put the finishing touches on my “American Comics” syllabus for the fall…

Comments

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind

• Twitter