Should Men be More Concerned about Climate Change?

By Maeve Hogel

There are many aspects of life that can seem gender discriminatory, but could climate change be one of them? According to a CBS News article on Friday, a recent study in Japan found a connection between the increase in the number of deaths of males fetuses in comparison to the deaths of female fetuses and the increases in temperature.

The cause of why males may be affected more than females is still unknown and the study only found a connection and doesn’t prove causation, as there are many other environmental factors, such as pollution, that could be a fault. The data certainly isn’t all in yet about this subject matter, but its a interesting concept to think about. Maybe it will be true that females have it easier when it comes to climate change. I guess we will have to wait and see what future research shows.

One Reply to “Should Men be More Concerned about Climate Change?”

1. This is an interesting article, Maeve. Considering I thought women were more vulnerable to climate change, I might have to change my research approach! Although it is an early study it goes to show that gender is another sphere affected by climate change.