We are a research team from Dickinson College consisting of 15 students and 2 professors.

We spent the past year in a course titled From Kyoto to Copenhagen, during which we attended the 15th United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, interviewed parties to the conference, gave presentations to our community, blogged, wrote research papers, lectured at an international ethics conference,made posters, gave demonstrations, and learned a heck of a lot about climate change!

For the past year, this has been our blog. We’ve written in it from our first days of class last fall, through our whirlwind of a time at COP15, and for the next semester as we returned and hit the community with as much information as we could.

We hope this blog will continue to serve as an exciting educational asset, as a relic of this historic past year of climate change events and our thoughts on them.

I urge you especially to look at our reflections while at Copenhagen and our archive of video interview footage from COP15, which we are proud to offer as a unique educational experience unavailable anywhere else.

That class is over, though, and currently, I am writing one of two final posts. Yet as this blog closes, the movement does not.

Several of our team members have plans to attend (and I’m certain blog from) COP16, and I will link their blogs here as they become available.
And
Our professors will be bringing another class like ours to COP17 to continue what we’ve begun. It is my sincere hope that Dickinson College will continue to support these unique learning opportunities and that you’ll learn from them and pass them on to friends and family.

If there is only one thing I’ve learned from the past year (I swear I learned more than that), it is that education is the most important gift we can give.

We all know people that think climate change is a hoax or who maybe aren’t convinced it’s the single most important matter to our generation. These people simply haven’t had the opportunity to see what we have, and we urge you to share it with them.

Climate change is truly a global issue. A huge takeaway from Copenhagen for me was: policy is slow.

We cannot possibly wait for our governments to take care of everything for us. That climate change is a global issue and policy won’t be fast-moving enough to help in large part to mitigate its effects means that we need everyone’s help.

If there’s one thing I pledge for the future, and I hope you’ll join me in it, it’s that I won’t keep quiet in front of climate skeptics anymore.

I realize it’s difficult. It’s politically incorrect. But this is bigger than political correctness, and I bet you’ll make some new friends with this hefty dose of self-respect you have.

The bottom line is: climate change is bigger than you or me. Unfortunately no matter how much we recycle or eat locally, it won’t add up to much without others.

It’s an uphill battle, and the other team has some pretty cool weapons, but we hope the information contained within this blog will help you fight it, and I hope that very soon it will be linked to know blogs on COPs 16, 17, and beyond.

See you then.

43 Responses to “Who We Are”

1. pokerclub88 says:

Playing games is very exciting especially if in the digital world, this game site looks very real like in an offline game. Plus there are lots of bonuses, point-points, special withdrawals and this website you must visit because the domino games here are guaranteed real. Our operators are always online on a daily basis and you can use it for information about the website or about playing poker, dominoes, lottery, gambakskor and others. In the world of gambling, a truly trusted bookie is needed and this website provides an online domino agent that has been trusted since gambling games are viral until now and are still in demand by many new or professional players. For transactions here it is very easy and quickly sent because it uses a web system that is sophisticated and updated. Don’t miss this opportunity before this post sinks, immediately visit the website and fill out the registration form for free.
    domino bet

2. Thanks for this Amazing post.

3. I can’t help but wonder what Edward Snowden would think about this. At a time of global recession why are we still having to fight for trans rights? Stop the evil drone attacks in Pakistan before the machines turn on us!