»
S
I
D
E
B
A
R
«
Week…I don’t know what
July 8th, 2013 by danettem

It’s been a few weeks since I actually wrote anything. I’ve been pretty busy which is why I’ve been doing the quick pictures or posts; I wanted to make sure I was keeping up with blogging but making sure I completed my work at my internship as well. I have a few spare moments on this Monday afternoon to tell you about what I’ve been up to! I’ve been continuing help on the executive search committee by compiling a list of candidates onto an excel spreadsheet with all their contact information. Good thing I have done hours of data entry in the Admissions office, so I knew what I was in for. This job has been pretty time consuming as there are a significant amount of candidates, all very eager for the position. There was also an important meeting held on membership two weeks ago where there was a round table discussion on ways to promote and retain membership at PANO.  Some really great ideas have come out of these discussions, one of them being a communications audit to make sure PANO is effectively and efficiently communication information to all of its members and potential members. A couple of afternoons a week Lauren and I have been laying out the different types of communications that are sent out and reviewing content, style, graphics and the like. Finally what has been keeping me most busy these past few days is developing an infographic on the PA Nonprofit Sector. The reason why this is so important is because it is being presented to the Auditor General of PA: TODAY. I can’t believe a piece of work I created is going to him. This infographic is taking information on Nonprofits all around the state and compiling it onto a page where the information is quick and easy to read. This task proved to be a little difficult as 1. I have never designed something like this in my life, 2. I’m not very creative, and 3. There was a ton of information that had to be put on this infographic. Often times infographics are small pieces of information presented in a visually appealing way. I did my best and I received very positive feedback. There was even talk about putting this infographic on the website and distributing to all of the PANO members as a useful tool. This isn’t related to what I’m doing specifically but a fellow Dickinsonian, Kevin Wolfe, joined me this week for the rest of the summer at PANO. I believe he will be continuing his work into the fall where I must end my internship due to going abroad. I believe that is all for now, hopefully I can find some more time to blog in the next few weeks, because let me be honest, I just love to hear myself talk (or well write in this case.)

Auf Wiedersehen!