»
S
I
D
E
B
A
R
«
A Post on my Blog
July 25th, 2013 by danettem

Okay there are a few things I wish for.

1. I wasn’t so busy.
  2. GAS PRICES WEREN’T SO HIGH.
  3. And I want it to be August 31 already.

Well on that negative note why should you consider reading this blog. Well how about you keep reading and I promise you won’t be disappointed. I have been obscenely busy this summer between my internship and my second job. This is honestly my schedule:

• 8:00 a.m. – My alarm very brutally wakes me up, I usually stumble out of bed, and make my way down to the shower (however the past few days have consisted of playing with my new kitten before my shower)
  • 8:45 a.m. –Leave my house and start on my way to Harrisburg so I can start work at PANO.
  • 9:30 a.m. – Arrive at PANO (hopefully on time however 81 is AWFUL when it comes to traffic)
  • 9:30 – 12:00 p.m. – Work on projects of the day, sometimes it’s logs and sometimes it’s blogs, it depends on the day.
  • 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch for any amount of time within that hour. It depends on the day.
  • 1:00 – 3:30 p.m. – Finish projects, start new ones for the next day, normal internship stuff.
  • 3:30 p.m. – Drive home, this drive is usually filled with some angry yelling (at the dumb drivers on 81, because naturally, I’m the world’s greatest driver) and loud music, lately it’s been some mash-ups and covers, because original music is overrated.
  • 4:20 p.m. – Arrive home and hurriedly change in my Jigger Shop uniform and slap on some make up in attempt to make myself presentable for human viewing…I’ve got to make tips somehow.
  • 4:40 p.m. – Leave for the Jigger Shop and drive on the prettiest road known to man.
  • 5:00 – 10:00 p.m. – Make some tasty looking sundaes and gab about life with the managers.
  • 10:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. – Clean the Jigger Shop, SOMEHOW TOPPINGS END UP EVERYWHERE.
  • 11:00 p.m. – Drive HOME
  • 11:20 p.m. – Arrive finally at my place of dwelling, change, get ready for bed, and watch ONE episode of TV. I’m crazy into that new show on Netflix, “Orange is the new Black”, I love it and EVERYONE needs to watch it if you aren’t already. Seriously. Do it. Now.
  • 12:00 a.m. SLEEP. Zzzzzzzzzz

So as you can see, I have no social life. But it’s worth it (at least I think so anyway.)

On to my next wish, GAS PRICES. As that political party would say, “The rent is too damn high” well gas prices are “Too damn high”. However, I am so incredibly grateful for my internship grant this summer. Honestly, they gave me enough money to cover gas for the whole summer. If I didn’t receive that grant there is no way I would have been able to afford an unpaid internship with an hour commute. Thankfully, for the next year of my life I will be living without a car so I won’t have to worry about gas prices anymore!

And finally, speaking of the next year of my life, August 31 is when I leave for an adventure of a lifetime and I will be studying abroad in Bremen, Germany for an entire year, literally, August to August. I CANNOT WAIT. I have a little over a month left and I’m starting to freak out a bit, but the excitement is also building.

I should probably also blog about my internship since this is what this blog was designed for, (not my every day musings and complaints). PANO has certainly been keeping me busy. I have been working on a membership communications audit, guinea pigging a project for future interns, which is developing a list from the IRS of newly registered nonprofits in the state of PA and sending them a welcome letter and information on PANO and then there are a few other here and there projects that I complete as they come up throughout the week.

Well I think that is all for now, Auf Wiedersehen!

Danette

One Response  
  • Ha Manh writes:
    August 11th, 2013 at 11:09 am

I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work.
    traffic recon review