Unibo Feedback (Student 02)

My experience at UniBo was invaluable to me. I attended two courses taught in Italian, and one course taught in English that would count for my English major. These courses were some of the most challenging that I have ever done in my academic career, but also some of the most rewarding and valuable. Since the 3 courses only had 1 cumulative exam each at the end of the semester that would count for my whole grade, I had to review the material throughout the semester in order to be able to not be overwhelmed with work at the end of the semester. Fortunately, I lived with roommates who were also very motivated to work hard and make the most out of our UniBo experience, which resulted in us motivating each other and helping each other with the course materials when we could, even if we were not always in the same classes. Even though the classes were extremely challenging, especially the Italian literature class, I found them all extremely interesting. In the end the hard work paid off, and I have no regrets about taking the 3 classes. I learned so much in all of them, and I am certain that my language improvement would not have been nearly as successful had I not taken the UniBo classes. In fact, even though the Italian literature class was very challenging, I ended up finding a passion for postmodern and contemporary Italian literature, which I am now working on in my Italian thesis. I am so grateful to my advisor for encouraging me to step out of my comfort zone and take the majority of my classes at UniBo, and I am sure my experience in Bologna would not have been the same without it.