Part of CSE’s mission is to promote diversity within the realm of sustainability. Particularly, we are looking to include and engage more people from a diverse range of groups on campus, including faculty, staff, and students. We want to expand our reach on campus, while becoming better allies for those who do not necessarily feel welcome in the biking community.
. . .
Charge: The Bicycle Advisory Committee (BAC) of Dickinson College is charged with making the college and surrounding community a bicycle friendly environment.
BAC will work to develop a comprehensive Bicycle Plan for Dickinson that:
- Promotes the engineering of a comprehensive, connected, and well-maintained network
- Offers diverse bicycle education programs for campus cyclists and motorists
- Maintains and expands The Handlebar, Dickinson’s Bicycle Co-Op
- Encourages and incentivizes cycling for students, faculty, and staff
- Continues developing enforcement for bike riding and parking and all road users
- Develops evaluation plans and procedures to assess all elements of a comprehensive bicycle plan
If you’re interested in seeing what our Bicycle Advisory Committee does when they meet, check out our meeting minutes!
- February 10, 2017
- February 17, 2016
- September 20, 2016
- November 15, 2016
- November 3, 2015
- October 13, 2014