Member Profiles: Madison Etchberger

November 8, 2014 in Uncategorized

MadisonThis week, I interviewed Madison, our current Dog House Secretary. Madison is a sophomore Biology major. Over the summer, Madison puppy sat SSD Hopper. Most of those awesome pictures I posted on Facebook during the summer were from her!

Madison’s middle name is Catherine, her favorite color is teal, and her current favorite song is Shake it Off, covered by Us The Duo. (I highly recommend you click that link and listen to it. Even if you don’t like Taylor Swift, this is a really cool version of the song).

I asked Madison the classic “Why Dog House” question. She said, “the dogs initially drew me. But the people make the hard work worth it.” I also asked how her experience with SSD Hopper was over the summer. She told me it was amazing, challenging, and rewarding. Hop would be perfect one second, and the next have to work through being distracted. When I asked her how she liked being on the board, she said she likes it because it teaches all of the board a lot of leadership. We have to figure out what works and what doesn’t work. Then she said, “it’s also a group of people who can obsess over the same dog as I am!”

Madison’s favorite Islands litter puppy was Montego. She wants to go abroad over the summer to Uganda. She joined the Dickinson Equestrian Team this year and received Anika Yetsko, our Head of Community Outreach, as a “big”. I asked her what it was like having Anika as a “mom”. She laughed and said, “like my mom, she always makes sure I am doing well, and she would do anything for me… I think.”

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me, Madison! And thank you for all that you do. Your position is so important, and you are doing amazingly! We couldn’t do what we do without you!