Save Bill!

Who could chop down a representation of possibly one of the greatest presidents that Dickinson College has seen since its establishment? Through the past 4 months, Bill and I have had countless memories, many laughs, maybe even a cry or two. IMG_0054I have sat beneath him, and painted him from afar. He has met my friends, and become my bestie. His beauty is admired by many who make the zig-zagging trips across the academic quad over and over again daily. My trip from Denny to Althouse to Denny to the HUB and back to Denny on any given Monday or Wednesday are made more delightful by the prospect of bumping into Bill or even just admiring him as I pass. I understand that his beautiful wood could be used in a more “practical” manner for us humans, his existence brings happiness to many.

Admiring the changing leaves with my buddy Bill.

He is a bright leaf on a rainy day. He is a gust of fresh air to remind us that we are much better off than Beijing in terms of air pollution. Even if you’ve never consciously acknowledged that Bill accompanies you on your long walk across the academic quad, please know that he is just a child. He has a long, healthy life in front of him and deserves the best possible chance at survival. He is strong, durable, and brings a glimmer of hope to not only me, but to many others each and every day. Please, avoid a scene like the one pictured below and vote to Save Bill!

No parent (or friend) wants to experience this.

-B