By Richie Rice, Executive ChefRRice

The view from the Dining Services kitchen is clear and our direction is forward. In my first year as executive chef here, I have seen Dining Services poised for the future.

A new menu for the fall is in the works for the Dining Hall. Traditional favorites will remain while we’ll look to add new items that focus on global styles and fusion. Authenticity is important when emulating regional foods. With the availability of previously unobtainable products, these goals are easier to meet.

Sustainable and locally procured foods are high on my list of importance. When in season, the College Farm provides us with a wide range of organic vegetables, greens and herbs. We make a concerted effort to use farm products whenever possible. Other local foods are always considered. Look for signage describing local foods.

Our catering department is also evolving to meet the needs of our customers. A newly revised catering menu will be available in the near future.

A lot of hard work goes into menu planning and kitchen production. Pleasing and meeting the needs of our customers always remains my top priority and ultimate goal. Bon Appetit!