One | Internship in Belgium

Week 1: May 17 – May 20, 2017

I arrived in Antwerp after a long airplane and train ride. Since this is my first week here in Belgium, my supervisor gave me free time to settle into my apartment and to tour the city of Antwerp, before I begin my work. The first thing I did was to borrow a bike from my company to use for the summer. In Antwerp, a bicycle is an essential and cheap method to transport yourself through the city. Once I received my bike, I made loops around my apartment area looking for grocery stores, bakeries, restaurants, banks…etc. These are key places that I would need to use frequently and I wanted to make sure that I knew where these places were.

I used the 5W’s to quickly explain my internship and my reason in Belgium:

What | Office administration work and assisting in visual projects on Futures Studies (ie. movies)

Who | Agence Future, an NGO focused on developing, experimenting, and collecting data on the futures and Futures Studies.

Where | Antwerp, Belgium.

When | A 10 week internship from May 17th to July 23rd

Why | I’ve always had a distant interest in Futures Studies. This internship will allow me to learn and understand more about the discipline. I am also a Studio Art major so the visual component of the internship will further my artistic skills and capabilities.

The weather was extremely warm and sunny.