Four | Prepping for a Futures Conference

Week 4: June 4 – June 10, 2017

As soon as I arrived at the office 4 weeks ago, we started the final planning stage of the ‘Design – Develop – Transform Conference’, which has been in the works for half a year now. About a month ago, our registration list had about 65 people signed up. However, in the last 4 weeks that I have been here, our registration list rose rapidly to 110 people. This week, being the final week before the 3-day conference, it is crunch mode at the office.

-
Leaving the office near midnight is becoming a regularity…

I’ve been working mostly on office administration work, corresponding with participants and presenters about their travel plans, housing situation, as well as fine tuning the program and constantly updating the DDT website. The conference is going to take place in two cities–Brussels on the first day at a big meeting centre, and Antwerp on the second day within the museum that our exhibition is at.

The participants consist of 24 nations from 5 continents. It is a very international and diverse conference and I can’t wait to meet people from all over the world gathering to discuss Futures Studies. Many of the presenters that are attending the conference are top in the fields of Futures Studies, and whom I’ve been hearing a lot about. It also means, however, that the expectations for a great conference is extremely high. So the pressure definitely on!