Where Are Our Graduates Going Next???

LexieLexie Raczka – My time at Dickinson, specifically my involvement with the farm and other venues related to food and agriculture, has allowed me to discover my passion for food systems. I find the complexity and interconnectedness of every stage of food systems to be both challenging and exciting. It was not until I came to Dickinson that I really became aware of all aspects of the “lifecycle” of food, but working on the Farm and in Dining Services has allowed me to interact with each stage and realize its importance and personal connection both to myself and the greater community.  Come the fall I will be attending Tufts University and working towards a MS in Agriculture, Food, and Environment from the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy and a MA in Urban Environmental Policy and Planning from the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. Through both of these programs I will study the food system as a whole, with an emphasis on both food production and food access. Following graduate school I hope to work in food systems planning, where I will work on the community level to improve the sustainability of how food is produced, accessed, consumed, and wasted.