Stress and CDF

The event that I’ve been working on for the last month is fast approaching. As a result, there have been a lot of loose ends that need to be sorted out and lots of flailing around trying to get promotional materials finished, the program book finalized, getting the last-minute registrants into the system, and figuring out complications with our online system. My supervisor has been under a lot of pressure and it’s been putting a strain on everyone and our inter-office relationships.

I’ve been trying not to be hyper-critical or gossipy, so I won’t go into too much detail, but I will say thatĀ the past week hasĀ been a good lesson in what are appropriate Vs. inappropriate ways of handling stress and disagreements in the work place.

I’m excited to travel to Tennessee and to work at the event and see what it’s like in action, so I’ve been trying to keep that in mind as things become more intense back at the office.

The Haley Farm grounds where the event, the Proctor Institute, is held each year.