Need a break from working on final map projects? Check out these amusing (and very corny) map jokes from gishumor.com!
- What is the tidiest element on a map? The neatline.
- Why are maps like fish? They both have scales.
- Why do paper maps never win at poker? Because they always fold.
- What do you get when you cross a cowboy with a mapmaker? A cow-tographer.
- What did the mapmaker send his sweetheart on Valentine’s Day? A dozen compass roses.
- Why does west longitude need to be cheered up? Because it is always negative.
- Why did the dot go to college? Because it wanted to be a graduated symbol.
- What do you call a map of outhouses in the woods? A shaded relief map.
- What do you call a USGS quadrangle with green water, blue forests, and all the names spelled backwards? A topo-illogical map.
- What kind of maps do spiders make? Web-based maps.
- What projection do lost sheep use to find their way home? The Lamb-ert Conic Conformal projection.
Filed under: Just For Fun