I talked about pokemon in class today too :\
Okay, so not all of my examples are flatout puns, but some are jokes of a rather straightforward manner (most of them are puns anyways). Anyways, here’s a comic I did on one of the best American Comics which we discussed in class a while back:
Okay, so this isn’t really about a new Miyazaki movie (sorry if you got excited), although I have heard that there is a new one officially out or coming out soon in Japan. There has been, however, a rumor floating around that he’s thinking of making a sequel to the film Porco Rosso, one of his lesser-known works (I almost doubt anyone in the class but me has seen it).
I read the Time Traveler’s Wife a few years ago so I found it interesting that she wrote a graphic novel as well. It’s interesting to see novelists crossing genres like that. I know I saw a few authors I recognized over the Summer when I was looking for a graphic novel to read.
This is a web comic I found a while ago. The use of photography (and its often very dark humor) stood out in my mind.
- national car rental on The Guy Who Made Pokemon Died :(
- London on Tofurkey Turkey?
- Dis411 on May’s Comic: Market Day
- ipod1 » Blog Archive » Stakes Rise in Congress on Debt Vote (WSJ) on Miyazaki the Walt Disney of anime?
- Health insurance bill nets Senate support ? Mainebiz Daily | Vill … | cobosycera on Miyazaki the Walt Disney of anime?