#ConnectionsMatter

Hi everyone! Welcome back to the blog!!

While it has been a whirlwind since being here, the connections I have made with my fellow Interns as coworkers and friends has been amazing. The hashtag that titles this post is taken from my workplace and their motto for this summer. I didn’t realize the value of networking and building office relationships until this internship. Especially being new to the area and my internship requiring me to move around frequently, it has been extremely helpful to be able to message one of my Interns “HELP! WHERE AM I RIGHT NOW??” and know that they will reply. My Program Officers started meetings off with building connections and getting us to know one another so that we have each other to rely on during this summer. With weird ice breakers that make me feel like a kip to deep discussions about trauma we have faced, I know more about my fellow interns than I do with some of my friends from school. Not only that, my workplace has given A LOT of chances to network and build relationships with people outside of the SFI program. Using the business cards (ooh, so formal) and pamphlets from my workplace has also given me the chance to increase my network with USD and companies we are working with. USE WHAT IS GIVEN TO YOU. I cannot stress how helpful it has been having Kroc SFI backing me up and being able to use them as reference when booking venues, working on events, and even more. Hope this post was helpful and opens discussions for how to network make it seem more tangible than before! Don’t worry, I will post more about the fun things around and food suggestions, but this internship has given me more experience than I could have ever imagined and I hope to share that with y’all in upcoming posts.

Till next time, talk with you all later!