New_america_logo14The New America Foundation in Washington DC is hosting a Google Hangout on the ISIS threat with terrorism experts, Douglas Olivant and Brian Fishman.  The discussion will be live online on Wednesday, October 8, 2014 from 2:30pm to 3pm and then archived at YouTube.  Students in History 282 are invited both participate and / or to submit questions in advance of the session.  Here is a message from the NAF social media coordinator, Justin Lynch:

“Hey everyone, my name is Justin Lynch. I work as the Social Media Coordinator at New America, a think tank in DC. On Wednesday, we will be hosting a Google Hangout on where the war against ISIS could go with two experts, Douglas Ollivant and Brian Fishman. Part of why we are doing this is to give students a chance to ask experts questions. We will focus on questions of civil liberties during the debate, and I reach out and ask if you had any questions you’d like to ask during our event. We will try and get all of the questions in, and even if you can’t make it, the event will be saved on YouTube and we will bookmark where questions are asked.If you have a question for Doug or Brian on ISIS as it relates to civil liberties, or just ISIS in general, email me at lynch@newamerica.org, and I will ask it. Thanks!”