Oil on canvas, Joseph Margulies, 1963, Collection of U.S. House of Representatives
- Democratic Congressman from Brooklyn, New York from 1923-1972
- supporter of Roosevelt New Deal policies
- advocate for establishment of the state of Israel
- chairman of the Judiciary Committee
- co-author of Indian Immigration and Naturalization Bill, H.R. 3517 which was passed on June 27, 1946
- key creator of the Civil Rights Acts of 1957, 1960, 1964
American National Biography
Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
You Never Leave Brooklyn: The Autobiography of Emanuel Celler. New York: John Day Co., 1953.
Papers: ca. 1924-1973. Manuscript Division, Library of Congress.
- Republican Representative for 4th District CT (1942-1946)
Clare Boothe Luce, 1955, Collection of the US House of Representatives
- writer for Life and Time, both published by husband Henry
- sponsor of 1946 House bill to extend citizenship to Indians
American National Biography profile
Biographical Directory of the U.S. Congress
Morris, Sylvia Jukes. Rage for Fame: The Ascent of Clare Boothe Luce. New York: Random House, 1997.
Papers, 1930-1987. Manuscript Division of the Library of Congress.