The people at AhaMove

Considering a job, there are two important things I will look at: what I will do, and who I will do it with. In the previous posts, I’ve talked a lot about my job at AhaMove, but never mentioned the people I worked with. It’s not because I had nothing to tell about my colleagues. In fact, it’s the other way. Meeting, talking to and working with my Operations teammates and other people in the company everyday left me with so many thoughts and feelings that I didn’t even know where to start.

They are very young. Most of them are just around my age, with many still in college or having recently graduated. I think it kind of suits the company – AhaMove was founded just two years ago and celebrated its second birthday last week. You can feel the company’s spirit among its people, who often come at 9 despite the 8:30 – 18:00 official working time but also are willing to stay past 9 PM to complete an unfinished project. Their energy, passion and even a-bit-of-messiness seem to transform into the company’s culture.

It’s often thought that “young” means “inexperienced”. However, for my teammates, their ages are not limitations for their abilities. Although only a few years older than me, many of them are already executive members at AhaMove, leading one of the top-listed technologically based companies in Vietnam. Their knowledge and creativity have been inspiring me since the very first moment I joined the office. Looking at how skillful and passionate they are at such young ages, I feel the urge to work harder everyday.

The internship at AhaMove has allowed me to work besides some of the most talented people I know and, more importantly, to make friend with them. They’ve made my every stressful, tiring day at work just as comfortable as a day out with friends, and I appreciate it so much. After this three months, I’m surely going to miss our jelly-and-yogurt afternoons, our messy group chats with hundreds of unread messages everyday, and our beach trip together.

Having said that, I feel deeply grateful for having received the Dickinson Internship Grant. Such generous support from the college and its donors have realized this opportunity of mine, allowing me to meet, know and learn from such amazing people.

As my time at the internship is nearing, I started to look back on this summer. The last three months have been an awesome journey for me. I have learned and grown a lot thanks to not only the job at AhaMove but also the people I’ve met there. These experiences are undoubtedly valuable for me, and I just want to say “Thank you” to everyone who has been a part of my time at AhaMove.

Now, it’s time for the next chapter of my life.

My Operations team with our newly-changed logo and uniform. I was the one in the back with arms swinging the other direction.