Lindsey Blais: Spring 2013

Akita International University

Akita International is a one of a kind university in Japan; a perfect union of the old and the new.  As an International Business and Management and East Asian Studies double major, Akita International University was able to provide me with a study abroad experience that perfectly coincided with my academic interests! The small school environment allowed for constant interaction with the full-time students as well as the other exchange students. I was welcomed with open arms and fully accepted as a member of the AIU family. The integration of the exchange students and full-time students allows for an immense amount of language exchange. I do not believe I would have been able to improve as much as I have in my second language, Japanese, anywhere else. As a Posse Scholar from Los Angeles, this experience has allowed me to see diversity from a global perspective. I was welcomed not only by the AIU community but also by the local Akita community. AIU fosters year round interaction between the student body and the local community to allow for greater understanding and a greater appreciation for the people of Japan.

ブレイズ明美

Lindsey