Week 4 Diary

I can’t believe that our time in Japan is over! It went by extremely quickly and I am definitely going to miss being here.

A lot of this week was spent working on my paper and presentation, and the couple of times that we had excursions, I was too preoccupied to really take pictures. I wish that I had been in a better mindset when we went to the Inari shrine and to Meijimura so that I could have appreciated them more. Even still, they were amazing and I enjoyed visiting them.

I also really enjoyed listening to everyones presentations due to the fact that everyone chose different and interesting topics. I thought it was a nice end to learning about Tokugawa era Japan and I appreciated being able to delve deeper into a specific topic that I was interested in.

I am extremely grateful to have been able to have this experience. I learned a lot from this trip, not only about the history of Japan and it’s culture (both modern day and historical), but also about myself as well. I want to thank everyone who made this trip possible and unique, especially Professor Bates. It was a truly unforgettable experience.