The First Week

It’s hard to believe that my first week at Earth Day Network is already over. This afternoon, after I got off work, I was scrolling through social media when I saw this image.

Naturally, I laughed to myself for a while as I walked home.

But in all seriousness, I couldn’t be happier working in DC for Earth Day Network. I’ve always thought of myself as someone who was very passionate about helping people and human rights issues, with a side passion for creating an awareness for the environment. However, in doing this internship I’ve already learned a lot and have become almost hyperaware of my actions contributing to climate change and what I can do to change that. I’m extremely excited to say that I have the privilege of helping EDN support the March for the OceansĀ  this weekend in DC. On Saturday I will be given a press badge to go back stage and will be able to interview speakers like Dr. Sylvia Earle and Philippe Cousteau. I have never been so honored to be even close to these people who have been so impactful in the environmental conservation conversation, but to have the chance to interview them too is a dream come true. I hope to say more about those interviews in my next post, but for now I’m happy to say I’m really excited for the rest of this summer internship at Earth Day Network with such nice and passionate people.