The Research Continues

This week, like many other weeks, was filled with research. There have been quite a few projects that have come into our office where we have had to find quite a bit of information and fast. In my opinion, it makes it that much more exciting to do the research when you are under a time crunch. It exhilarating to find that one thing you’ve spent so much time looking for and you’re the one to find it.

We’ve been looking into bans on single-use plastic around the world. A group of us interns even created a map to put on our website in order to show different cities, counties, and countries that have or are working towards bans on plastic bags and plastic straws. It’s been a lot of work. But to be able to go onto the Earth Day’s website and see your work up and have it published with your name is very rewarding.

It really seems as though things are coming to an end here. Many interns are beginning to leave and I’ve only just now realized after this week I only have two more weeks here at my internship. It’s been a great experience. And I’m really excited as we are moving forward and finding ways with our supervisors to bring Earth Day Network with us to school, or in my case, with me abroad. Stay tuned to find out what we have planned for our time ahead and as we make our way back to our college campuses. Until next time.