Holiday Week!

This was an extremely busy week for our intern group despite the holiday on Wednesday. We have been working hard to create a second social media platform for one of the products that Premier Sport Psychology offers to their clients. The biggest challenge we’ve seen has been recruiting the following that we already built up for the official business’s platform, over to the newest product’s page.

Additionally, I’ve just finished my work on a report generation that an athlete would receive after taking an assessment of their coping skills. The firm is working on creating this report so that they can offer it to coaches who would then have their players take the assessment. The goal is to become more aware of one’s coping skills and their specific strengths and weaknesses.

Another project that I have been working on this week is creating a leadership workshop geared toward middle school/high school athletes. The process of creating this workshop has taught me a lot about leadership theory itself but also about how to create engaging and valuable workshops for athletes. It has also led me to reflect upon the good and bad leaders that I’ve experienced throughout my career and think more in-depth about what made them successful.

On another note, I feel so fortunate to have had this opportunity to travel across the country for this internship. I’ve been exposed to so many different people, cultures, and experiences, but I wouldn’t have been able to do it without Dickinson’s assistance. Thanks to the funding of the Internship Grant Program, I’ve been able to explore Minneapolis, St. Paul, Duluth, and many other areas in the state during these beautiful summer months. The time I’ve had out here has really helped me to reflect on my experiences at Dickinson and think more clearly about my future career and personal goals.