- “Primary Documents in American History.” Plessy v. Ferguson: Primary Documents in American History (Virtual Programs & Services, Library of Congress). May 18, 1896. https://www.loc.gov/rr/program/bib/ourdocs/plessy.html.
- Delano, Jack. “At the Bus Station in Durham, North Carolina.” Primary Documents in American History ( Libray of Congress). January 01, 1940. http://loc.gov/pictures/resource/ppmsc.00199/
- Siegel, Arthur S. “Detroit, Michigan. Riot at the Sojourner Truth Homes, a New U.S Federal Housing Project, Caused by White Neighbors’ Attempt to Prevent Negro Tenants from Moving In. Sign with American Flag “We Want White Tenants in Our White Community,” Directly opposite the Housing Project.” Home. January 01, 1970. https://www.loc.gov/pictures/resource/fsa.8d13572/.
- Lee, Willie. “An African-American Woman Describes Segregated Buses in Montgomery, Alabama · HERB: Resources for Teachers.” Herb.1995. https://herb.ashp.cuny.edu/items/show/1831.
- Unknown. “Interview with Rosa Parks (Video).” Interview with Rosa Parks. November 14, 1985. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqiQqM9nQ0U.
- “We Won’t Go to School with Negroes.” Chapman University Digital Commons. August 27, 1956. https://digitalcommons.chapman.edu/upi_african_american/1/.
- Morin, Relman. “31 Dec 1969, Page 8 – Sunday Gazette-Mail at Newspapers.com.” Newspapers.com. December 31, 1969.https://www.newspapers.com/image/?
- Unknown. “’63 Boycott.” ’63 Boycott. 1963. http://63boycott.kartemquin.com/author/admin/page/3/
- Johnson, Lyndon. “President Johnson’s Special Message to the Congress: The American Promise.” Lyndon Johnson Gave a Speech about Legislation Giving Every American the Right to Vote – LBJ Presidential Library. March 15, 1965. Accessed May 09, 2019. http://www.lbjlibrary.org/lyndon-baines-johnson/speeches-films/president-johnsons-special-message-to-the-congress-the-american-promise.
- Unknown. Sweatt v. Painter Trial Documents, Pt 1. May 12, 1947. Accessed May 09, 2019. http://www.houseofrussell.com/legalhistory/sweatt/docs/svptr1.htm.
- Foner, Eric. Give Me Liberty! An American History. Vol. 2. New York: W.W. Norton, 2017.
- Weisbrot, Robert, and Dolita Cathcart. Freedom Bound: A History of Americas Civil Rights Movement. New York: Plume, 1991.
- Yeboah, Roland Mireku. “From the Civil Rights Movement to Black Lives Matter: The African Union and the African-Americans in the United States.” 12, no. 1 (September 2018): 166-89.
- Sky Lark, Taj’ Ullah. “The Desegregation of Higher Education, Race-Conscious Admissions Policies and the Federal Constitution: Before Brown vs. Board and Beyond.” 5, no. 5 (June 2012): 29-40.
- Lavergne, Gary M. “Sweatt v. Painter (1950) and Why Sweatt Won His Case: A Chronicle of Judicial Appointments.” 19, no. 1 (May 2012): 1-23.
- Lawson, Steven F. Freedom Then, Freedom Now: The Historiography of the Civil Rights Movement. Washington, DC: American Historical Review, 1991.
- Unknown. “33 Photos Of Segregation That Show A Country Divided By Race.” All That’s Interesting. unknown. Accessed May 09, 2019. https://allthatsinteresting.com/segregation-in-america-photos.