These two pictures are of our Global Mental Health interns! You can learn more about this year’s interns on the Global Mental Health Programs website. I was very fortunate to have been able to work with such an incredible group of students. I was really able to get to know their varied interests and to learn about their different backgrounds and what led them here to work with mental health. I am sad to say that my time at the Global Mental Health Program has come to an end. This has been such a great learning experience and I am so grateful to have received a grant from Dickinson so that I was able to spend my summer with the GMHP.

While the official intern program ended on August 2nd, I decided to extend my time for an additional week since I enjoyed my time with my research mentor and his team so much.

sabrina, karina and i

This is a picture of me with Dr. Sabrina Hermosilla and Karina Hickey, two of our supervisors for the Global Mental Health Program. Dr. Hermosilla and Karina led most of our meetings and professional development seminars and were incredible mentors.

It was really amazing to work with both of them this summer. Dr. Hermosilla has a Master’s in Public Health (MPH) as well as PhD in Epidemiology from the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health. She is currently a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Columbia University Medical Center. Karina is from Australia and currently is the Communications and Publications Coordinator for the Global Mental Health Program.