About my internship at AhaMove

AhaMove is a prominent start-up in Vietnam that provides an Uber-like logistics service. Founded in 2015 with the mission of addressing inefficiency in the logistics sector and reducing the cost for consumers, AhaMove serves as a platform that connects drivers and consumers to facilitate the delivery of goods within in a short time at a reasonable price. Coupled with advances in technology, this platform not only simplifies different processes for drivers, but also allows consumers to easily track their orders and benefit from lower cost.

To create a cyber marketplace with equivalent stakeholders of both sides, the Business Intelligence team plays a vital role in sustaining the supply-demand balance by helping AhaMove identify, develop and implement effective business strategies. As a Data Analyst Intern of the department, I create daily key performance indicators and dashboards to track project/ department performance and help demonstrate how effectively the company is achieving key business objectives. Based on the manipulated data, I collaborate with other colleagues to design, analyze and automate models to increase interaction between customers and drivers with AhaMove. My responsibility also includes coordinating with different teams of the company to collect and analyze the data to assess the opportunities and challenges of the service that the company provides.

As a double major in Economics and Mathematics, I have always sought for an internship that aligns with my interests and allows me to apply the knowledge from Dickinson classes and experiences to a professional setting. After taking the course Probability and Statistics at Dickinson, I found my interest in working with numbers through different data analysis projects and decided to follow a statistical track. With my passion and determination to pursue a future career in data analysis, I believe that AhaMove is a professional workplace where I can enrich my understanding of this industry and nurture my potential to the fullest. Working at AhaMove gives me endless opportunities not only to apply my learning at Dickinson to real challenges but also to expose me to the nature of my desired career as a data analyst. I will be able to leverage my skills in data manipulation, mining and visualization for management. This would improve my quantitative reasoning skills as well as my background in certain programming languages, especially SQL. Along with the support of my supervisor and other colleagues, I will be able to engage in a fast-paced start-up environment, learn from the professionals and gain more insights in data analytics industry. Combined with my background in math, the internship at AhaMove will further strengthen my data analytical, technical and communication skills while exposing me to a data analysis career.

In a sharing economy with relentless changes, these skills and experiences will give me a competitive edge in career opportunities. Because data analysis is a rapidly growing and highly demanding field, only analysts exhibiting excellent standard statistical techniques and a sharp business mindset can stand out. Combined with my interest in working with numbers and desire to be a data analyst, interning at AhaMove will be a good preparation for my future career in data.

The office view from my desk