- Political Science: All students must take Introduction to American Government. Law & Policy majors must also take The Judiciary. All students must also take a course that deals with empirical social science analysis and many fulfill this requirement by taking Research Methods, Public Opinion, or Political Behavior in the Political Science department.
- Economics: All students must take Introduction to Microeconomics and Economics of Policy Analysis.
- Philosophy: All Law & Policy majors must take Philosophy of Law and about half of all Policy Management majors take an ethics elective offered by the Philosophy department.
- Religion: About half of all Policy Management majors take an ethics elective offered by the religion department.
- Math: All students must take a course that deals with empirical social science analysis, and most fulfill this requirement by taking Statistics in the Math department.
- International Business & Management (IBNM): Policy Management majors must take 5 policy-related elective courses while Law & Policy must take 2 policy-related and 2 law-related electives. Rare is the student who does not take one or more of these electives with faculty teaching in IBNM. Most students take one or more of the following popular courses:
- Fundamentals of Business (IBNM 100)
- Global Economy (IBNM 200)
- International Organizational Behavior (IBNM 230)
- Marketing in a Global Context (INBM 240)
- Comparative Business Ethics (IBNM 300)
- Fundamentals of Nonprofit Management (IBNM 300
- Human Resource Management (IBNM 300)
- Africana Studies
- American Studies
- East Asian Studies
- Educational Studies
- Environmental Studies
- International Studies
- Latin American, Latino & Caribbean Studies
- Middle East Studies
- Women’s, Gender & Sexuality Studies