The view from my room

Arriving around 10 o’clock at night I certainly was not in the mood to observe Carlisle. As if resonating to my exhaustion the city seemed quiet and calm. As I reached near the grounds of the campus the calmness appeared to grow and turned into a deafening silence. The place that first grabbed my attention even in my condition was, the Morgan field, which clearly was the first scenery that I observed from my room. It wideness, greenery and simplicity made it appear to be humble and accepting towards people. The next morning the silence did not break, if anything it grew further. The early morning fog and drizzle made it seem the field, devoid of people was lonely and wanted someone to sit and bask the sun on its arms. As noon came and I met with other students I felt their anxiety to be the same as mine. However, after a few hours of socializing and I felt we had known each other for a long time. The next time I came to my room the grass seemed greener the sunshine was yellow and the weather turned for the better as if in stimuli to the people. Begin orientation and Morgan field was covered with the hustle and bustle of different orientation groups begining their work. The evening sun had turned a shade of golden and the air, heavy with the voices of people. Everyday as I spent more and more time there I realized the rapidness in its change. From a cold, gloomy land to a hot, cheerful one. The chairs turned redder in color and the sun always shined on them. I had only spent 5 days on campus but it felt like a month had already passed. Everything seemed so close and personal to me that I had gained a sense of community and acceptance before realizing it. Now, even when the uppenclassmen have arrived and the view from my room does not feel unknown anymore. The red chairs do not seem as sad as before. I have already started referring to my Neighborhood as my home.