Author(s): Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels
- Karl Marx (1818- 1883) was a prominent German philosopher whose ideas on economics, labor, and classism have and continue to influence nations worldwide.
- Friedrich Engels (1820-1895) was also an important German philosopher who shared views and co-authored with Marx.
- laid out the aims and ideals of the Communist party
- this manifesto was written after much of Europe had recognized communism as a threat to current powers
- Communists from several nations worked together to draft the manifesto to replace “the spectre of communism” with a clear representation of the party’s views.