© 2014 rachaels

A Frozen Farewell

Announcement: I have officially completed my first internship. At the beginning of the summer I was excited to learn, and I’m happy to say that my experience at LitWorld has been positive, worthwhile and extremely educational. Over the past 10 weeks, I have not only become closely acquainted with a fantastic organization and wonderful people, but also with skills such as lesson planning and classroom management that will be useful in my future.

The final week of camp was filled with fun, laughter, joy, and a few tears. In addition to the usual fun of reading and playing together, last week we had a visit from an author, a Frozen movie party and a picnic/talent show with the families. On talent show day, my bunk was still excited about Frozen and decided to perform “Let it Go” as a group. Check out a clip of our practice:

This post is pretty short, and I want to end it by thanking many of those who contributed to my experience this summer. I am thankful for the LitWorld staff, who offered me a position, welcomed me into their community and helped me grow this summer. I’d like to thank my fellow interns for fueling my passion to learn. A big thank you goes out to the campers for exuding so much joy, and letting me learn with you. I am also very grateful for the Dickinson Career Center, which gave me a grant that funded the majority of this experience, and the donors who made that grant possible. Lastly but not least, I am so thankful for my friends and family who have supported me this summer. Thank you everyone, this was a summer I will not forget!

Purple bunk at the talent show!

Purple bunk at the talent show!