Shoelaces and working in Outdoor Spaces

This week was the first full week. I began on bigger projects for Walking the Walk but also helped out with other things around the office, like tying together 100 pairs of shoe laces. This summer, I am in charge of planning an event for Walking the Walk alumni and reviewing the curriculum with Anneke.

One of the many pairs of shoe laces we tied to distribute to Alternative Break groups.

Side note– As I was looking up the movie we hope to show (Of Many) I discovered NYU’s Global Spiritual Life Office has sooo many resources on their website. They developed the Faith Zone program (which may come to Dickinson’s campus in the coming years), this movie and run a podcast on iTunes called Multifaithful. Check it out, it’s really interesting!

On Wednesday we had our weekly meeting and Intern Amanda presented on Elizabethtown’s Interfaith Leadership Studies major. The staff was very excited and was brainstorming ways The Center could aid this program and encourage others like it.

Thursday the Interns had our second Development Day where we were introduced to Letters of Intent (which are written to convince foundations to give grant money to an organization) and 990 forms.  During the morning where the interns were told to try and write our own Letters of Intent, we (Amanda, Charlotte and I) sat outside in the courtyard of the building. It was such a nice morning!

Amanda and me working hard on our first draft of a Letter of Intent