Learning Lunches, Career Conversations, Intern Adventures Oh My!

This week was short but eventful. Tuesday I came to work and joined the interns and Nicole in our first day learning about Salesforce . We learned how to navigate the site, edit contacts and campaigns. In the afternoon I found the median and mode of the data pulled from the evaluations and finished up an infograph about Walking the Walk. I think it will be helpful to use on social media or to print out and give to new partner communities.

Wednesday I was in charge of leading the staff meeting/Learning Lunch. I presented on my involvement with  Curvy Girls  and applied it to the Interfaith Center by talking about the importance of youth leadership training and leading the staff in the initial process of developing an interfaith youth leadership training. It was very successful. Later that evening I navigated Center City to attend Dickinson’s Career Conversations event. I met some really interesting alumni and was surprised to see a few students I knew well. I really encourage anyone who is interning/living in a location that has Career Conversations to attend it. It’s a great way to meet Dickinson alums and learn about different careers –and most everyone there was very kind and helpful!

Thursday was Development Day and the interns had the opportunity to free write and practice writing an annual appeal letter. I really enjoyed the activity and getting to practice different methods of writing. At the end of the day I talked on the phone with a former Walking the Walk Student Group Leader who will be a Dickinsonian in the fall! She will be assisting me with the WTW reunion.

After work I checked off another thing on my Philadelphia Bucket List: visiting Reading Terminal Market with the other interns. We each purchased dinner from different vendors and met up to eat. It was such a wonderful and cultural experience!

Charlotte, me and Bari at the market