Winding Down

It’s hard to believe that next week is my last week at the Interfaith Center of Greater Philadelphia  ! It’s been a wild ride but I think that it’s been a very valuable experience. You most likely saw me on the Dickinson Snapchat Wednesday, but if you didn’t that’s okay too 🙂

Last Sunday I went to the home of a Baha’i family, who taught us the basics of their faith, led us through a devotion and question and answer, and finally hosted a reception. The Baha’i faith is one I knew nothing about before going, and I still don’t have a amazing grasp on it, but it was really interesting to see all the different individuals takes on their faith.

I have been putting together the final pieces for the reunion, merging my notes from last week’s Learning Lunch/Staff Meeting with previous WTW games to come up with an agenda Anneke can use for the Walking the Walk Student Group Leader training. Like always, I have also been working on little tasks in the office like creating a graphic to advertise Anneke’s Interfaith Ally Training and working with Charlotte and Bari to stuff and label about 200 Thank You notes to send to donors.

On Wednesday, Bari talked to us during staff meeting about the Nationality Rooms at the University of Pittsburgh, where she gives tours during the school year. They are beautiful! I can’t believe students have classes in them! Later in the day, I joined her and John for John’s personal tour of the Philadelphia Museum of Art  . His tour led us throughout the museum to pieces of art that depicted nature and taught us something about the faith tradition/culture of the artist. From Claude Monet’s paintings which were painted during his meditation practices, to biblical paintings, to islamic mosaics that connected flowers with God’s endless existence, to hindu art that depicted many stories within one piece…it was really fantastic.

John telling us about the sculpture out to the front of the building.
Me and Bari being goofy outside the museum after the tour