As the conference came to an end this past Tuesday, my team and I were finally able to take time on Wednesday to reflect on and debrief all of the craziness we endured:

• Friday, July 10th: My team and I set up and decorated a celebration called “Legacy Track” for the Cru staff members over the age of 65.
  • Saturday, July 11th: The Legacy Track members were treated to an outdoor ice cream social that my team decorated with center pieces, table cloths, banners, candles, and music.
  • Monday, July 13th: My team was in charge of both registration for the 3,500+ staff members that all arrived that day AND the welcome fair!  That was easily the craziest and longest day of the conference, as we ran registration from 7am – 7pm, and then facilitated and tore down the massive Street Fair from 7pm – 12am.  The Street Fair, as mentioned in previous posts, took place in the parking lot of Moby and provided food, rides, games, a petting zoo, and an awesome atmosphere for the staff to fellowship and catch up with old friends from all over the country.
  • Tuesday, July 14th: My team was in charge of handing out 2 free give-aways for everyone of staff –
  • Free Cru15-branded donuts on the deck of Moby before the first session of the conference
  • Free choice between 4 different types of Cru t-shirts OR 4 different types of Cru Tervis-brand water bottles (mine are pictured below)

11778199_1673494499536665_111622369_n11791702_1673494602869988_214098198_n - Copy

• Wednesday, July 15th: My team was in charge of planning and decorating for Heritage Night, a celebration that honors staff members that have been with Cru for 15+ years.  For this party, we made balloon bouquets, created retro center pieces, laid out colorful overlays on each table, and scattered Cru memorabilia throughout the room for the staff to reminisce.
  • Thursday, July 16th – Saturday, July 18th: We used these days to catch up on paperwork and other miscellaneous jobs, attend conference sessions, and prepare for the massive last-night party.
  • Sunday, July 19th: Our team planned a pool party for everyone on the staff conference team.  We rented out the City Park Pool and had a catered dinner.
  • Monday, July 20th – Tuesday, July 21st: These days were CRAZY!  The last night party is one of the biggest events of the conference, and it involves the most preparation as the theme changes each year.  This year, the party was Latino-themed and was complete with Latino food, live music, and décor.  The party was set to look and feel like a Spanish courtyard, so there was a large fountain in the center, surrounded by tables with bright flowers and tablecloths, and stringed patio-lights running the entire length of the field to illuminate the decorations.

Needless to say, it has been a VERY busy past couple of weeks helping to pull all of this together, but it has also been incredibly rewarding.  To be able to serve the Cru staff in a way that encouraged them and boosted their morale was a unique learning experience that I have loved every second of!  I am so glad to have been a part of the staff conference team, the special events team, and of Cru in general.  It was a great summer, and certainly one that I will never forget!

11787317_1673495196203262_61988520_n

Foot of the Rockies Summer Mission 2015

Written on July 24th, 2015 , Uncategorized