Over the past semester, I have asked myself how I could create a piece of choreography that would be noticeably different from other pieces being created by my fellow Applied Choreography students. It became clear that I wanted to make something purely fun, nothing deep or heavy. I wanted to make something playful that my dancers would enjoy doing and that the audience would want to be a part of. After all, who doesn’t want to just let loose, act a little childish and have the time of your life running (and spinning) around with their friends? This dance piece reminds the audience not to take anything in life too seriously and to not settle into a routine. From the moment the dancers walk onstage to the moment they spin out of the space, they’re doing something different than what the audience likely expects them to do. Whenever I get feedback that the piece is “so different”, or that the dance looks “so fun”, or people “want to spin around in those skirts,” I say “Good! That’s how you should feel.” It’s playful, it’s fun, it’s different. It’s Intermission.