Almost Over

This past week marked the 8th and penultimate week of my internship at the Center for Strategic Studies at the University of Jordan. I had quite a busy week. Not only did I have deadlines to meet at my internship, I was also busy being a personal tour guide in Amman! My professor’s nephew from Turkey was visiting Jordan and she was unable to take him around and show him all the wonderful sites Amman has to offer, so I agreed to take him around Amman. Many of the attractions and sites I took him to I had already seen, but it was very interesting seeing them from a new perspective- a student/researcher living in Amman and very familiar with the city and its history. I was able to appreciate these sites and the history of city in a way I had not before.

At the internship, a few of the fall interns arrived to help replace the summer interns that had departed. This coming week I have off all week because of Eid al-Adha on Tuesday. Eid (as it is commonly known) is the biggest celebration in Islam. The city is bustling even moreso than usual with people scrambling to buy their Eid outfits and accessories. I have been invited to an Eid lunch by a colleague and am looking forward to attending this special celebration. After this week, I will be at the center for my last week and tying up loose ends and finishing up research before my semester starts in two weeks!

(all interns gave consent to this photo being posted on my blog!)