The Dickinson Semester in Washington: This program is conducted in partnership with The Washington Center for Internships and Seminars. Since its inception in 1975, The Washington Center (TWC) has provided over 50,000 students with comprehensive, participatory learning experiences in and around Washington, D.C. The program provides students with the opportunity to earn four credits during a semester (3 credits in the summer) of experiential immersion in our nation’s capital.
TWC’s experiential learning components and Dickinson’s academically based structure work together to provide students with the opportunity to experience and explore various career paths while sampling the intellectual and cultural diversity of our nation’s capital. The Dickinson Semester in Washington integrates seamlessly with a well-rounded Dickinson education that is designed to promote future success — and leadership –in the public, private and nonprofit sectors of society.
Students earn credit in three ways:
- Internship: Students work at their internship sties four-and-a-half days a week (2 credits during the academic year; 1 credit during the summer term);
- Academic seminar: Students earn a credit by taking an academic seminar course one night a week (1 credit);
- Independent study project: Students also earn credit by completing an independent study project with a Dickinson faculty member (1 credit).
How to figure out if TWC is right for you:
- Pick up informational materials in the Global Ed office
- Review the material on this site at at http://www.twc.edu/
For more information about how to apply, contact::
|Kristine Barrick, Program Associate
Office of Global Education
Stern Center for Global Education, Room 016
For more information on programmatic issues, contact:
|Jim Hoefler, TWC Liaison at Dickinson
Professor, Political Science
Denny Hall, Room 206
For TWC-specific concerns, contact:
|James Liska (Dickinson ’09)
TWC Senior Program Coordinator, Public Policy Dialogues
The Washington Center, Washington, DC
For questions about Financial Aid:
|Office of Financial Aid
South College West